Neulasta FIRST STEP® Program
The Neulasta FIRST STEP® Program is open to patients who meet the following criteria:
Patient Eligibility Requirements*:
- Patient must be prescribed Neulasta® (pegfilgrastim) or Neulasta® Onpro®
- Must have private commercial health insurance that covers medication costs for Neulasta® or Neulasta® Onpro®
- Must not be a participant in any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program such as Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD), or TriCare
- May not seek reimbursement for value received from the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program from any third-party payers, including flexible spending accounts or healthcare savings accounts. If at any time patients begin receiving coverage under any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program, patients will no longer be eligible to participate in the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program and must call 1-888-65-STEP1 (1-888-657-8371) Monday through Friday, 9 AM-8 PM EST to stop participation. Restrictions may apply. This is not health insurance. Program invalid where otherwise prohibited by law.
* Other restrictions apply. If you become aware that your health plan or pharmacy benefit manager does not allow the use of manufacturer co-pay support as part of your health plan design, you agree to comply with your obligations, if any, to disclose your use of the card to your insurer. Amgen reserves the right to revise or terminate this program, in whole or in part, without notice at any time.
Coverage Limits/Program Maximums:
- Program covers out-of-pocket medication costs for the Amgen product only. Program does not cover any other costs related to office visit or administration of the Amgen product.
- No out-of-pocket cost for first dose or cycle; $5 out-of-pocket cost for subsequent dose or cycle; maximum benefit of $10,000 per patient per calendar year. Patient is responsible for costs above these amounts.
- Ongoing activation of the Amgen FIRST STEP™ card is contingent on the submission of the required Explanation of Benefits (EOB) form by the healthcare provider's office within 45 days of use of the Amgen FIRST STEP™ card. Patients will be responsible for reimbursing the program for all amounts paid out if the EOB for the date of service is not received within 45 days.