Bring the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program to your office
Help all eligible patients* obtain coverage for their deductibles,
co-payments, and/or co-insurance: it’s as simple as CARD
to register your practice
Make one-time call to the Register Terminal:
- Call 1-888-65-STEP1
- Submit your merchant ID for the credit card terminal your office will use to swipe Amgen FIRST STEP™ Co-pay Coupon Cards
For patients prescribed to an eligible Amgen product, identify patients prior to treatment initiation -
Patient eligibility requirements*:
- Patient must be prescribed Neulasta® (pegfilgrastim), Neulasta® Onpro™, NEUPOGEN® (filgrastim), Nplate® (romiplostim), XGEVA® (denosumab), Prolia® (denosumab), Vectibix® (panitumumab), IMLYGIC™ (talimogene laherparepvec), KYPROLIS® (carfilzomib) or BLINCYTO® (blinatumomab) treatment
- Must have private commercial
health insurance that covers
medication costs for Neulasta®, Neulasta® Onpro™, NEUPOGEN®, Nplate®, XGEVA®, Prolia®, Vectibix®, IMLYGIC™ KYPROLIS® or BLINCYTO® under a medical benefit plan
- Must not be a participant in any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program such as Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD), or TRICARE
Patients may not seek reimbursement for value received from the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program from any third-party payers, including flexible spending accounts or healthcare savings accounts. If at any time patients begin receiving coverage under any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program, patients will no longer be eligible to participate in the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program and must call 1-888-65-STEP1 (1-888-657-8371) Monday through Friday, 9:00 am–8:00 pm ET to stop participation. Restrictions may apply. This is not health insurance. Program invalid where otherwise prohibited by law.
Assist patients with required forms, available at AmgenFIRSTSTEP.com:
1. Enrollment form, with eligibility questions
- Help patients complete and submit
2. Privacy Notice and Patient Authorization form
- Submit signed Privacy Notice and Patient Authorization form online or by fax (click on “Prefer to fax” button online and follow instructions)
|3. Register before any treatment. (See cover for eligible Amgen products.) Upon approval, card will be activated.
savings to your
Swipe patient’s card to collect deductible, co-insurance, or co-payment for one dose of the Amgen product†
- First swipe: Patient cost = $0
- Subsequent swipe: Patient share = $25
To submit Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and other relevant documentation, please fax 1-888-653-2972 or mail to:
The Macaluso Group
at 100 Passaic Avenue, Suite 245
Fairfield, NJ 07004 -
ATTN: Amgen FIRST STEP®
Submit EOB within 45 days of initial swipe‡
Contact the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Co-Pay Coupon Card Program for complete program details
PHONE: 1-888-65-STEP1/ (1-888-657-8371)
Monday–Friday, 9:00 AM–8:00 PM ET
* Other restrictions may apply.
†Program does not cover any other costs related to office visit or administration of the Amgen product. Other restrictions may apply.
‡Ongoing activation of the applicable Amgen FIRST STEP™ card is contingent
on the submission of the required Explanation of Benefits (EOB) form by your
healthcare provider’s office within 45 days of use of the Amgen FIRST STEP™
card. Patients will be responsible for reimbursing the program for all amounts
paid out if the EOB for the date of service is not received within 45 days.
§Closed on all major holidays.