Bring the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program to your office
Help all eligible patients* obtain coverage for their deductibles,
co-payments, and/or co-insurance: it’s as simple as CARD
to register your
Make one-time call to the Register Terminal:
- Call 1-888-65-STEP1
- Submit your merchant ID for the credit card terminal your office will use to swipe Amgen FIRST STEP™ Co-pay Cards
For patients prescribed an eligible Amgen product, identify patients prior to treatment initiation -
Patient eligibility requirements*:
- Patient must be prescribed Neulasta® (pegfilgrastim), Neulasta® Onpro®, NEUPOGEN® (filgrastim), Nplate® (romiplostim), XGEVA® (denosumab), Prolia® (denosumab), Vectibix® (panitumumab), IMLYGIC® (talimogene laherparepvec), KYPROLIS® (carfilzomib), or BLINCYTO® (blinatumomab)
- Must have private commercial health insurance that covers medication costs for Neulasta®, Neulasta® Onpro®, NEUPOGEN®, Nplate®, XGEVA®, Prolia®, Vectibix®, IMLYGIC®, KYPROLIS®, or BLINCYTO®
- Must not be a participant in any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program such as Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD), or TriCare
- May not seek reimbursement for value received from the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program from any third-party payers, including flexible spending accounts or healthcare savings accounts. If at any time patients begin receiving coverage under any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program, patients will no longer be eligible to participate in the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program and must call 1-888-65-STEP1 (1-888-657-8371) Monday through Friday, 9 AM-8 PM EST to stop participation. Restrictions may apply. This is not health insurance. Program invalid where otherwise prohibited by law.
* Other restrictions apply. If you become aware that your health plan or pharmacy benefit manager does not allow the use of manufacturer co-pay support as part of your health plan design, you agree to comply with your obligations, if any, to disclose your use of the card to your insurer. Amgen reserves the right to revise or terminate this program, in whole or in part, without notice at any time.
Assist patients with registration by having them fill out required forms, available at AmgenFIRSTSTEP.com:
1. Enrollment form, with eligibility questions
- Help patients complete and submit
- Remember that the patient must be the one completing or reviewing and confirming eligibility questions themselves
2. Privacy Notice and Patient Authorization form
- Submit signed Privacy Notice and Patient Authorization form online or by fax (click on “Prefer to fax” button online and follow instructions)
|3. Register before any treatment. (See cover for eligible Amgen products.) Upon approval, card will be activated.
information to your
Swipe patient’s card to collect deductible, co-insurance, or co-payment for one dose of the Amgen product
To submit Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and other relevant documentation, please fax 1-866-653-2972 or mail to:
The Macaluso Group
at 100 Passaic Avenue, Suite 245
, Fairfield, NJ 07004 -
ATTN: Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program.
Submit EOB within 45 days of initial swipe
- First swipe: patient OOP cost share = $0
- Subsequent swipe: Patient share = $5 (except for Prolia®, which is $25)
Contact the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Co-Pay Coupon Card Program for complete program details
PHONE: 1-888-65-STEP1 (1-888-657-8371)
Monday–Friday, 9:00 AM–8:00 PM ET
Coverage Limits/Program Maximums:
- Program covers out-of-pocket medication costs for the Amgen product only. Program does not cover any other costs related to office visit or administration of the Amgen product.
- For Neulasta®, Neulasta® Onpro®, NEUPOGEN®, Nplate®, XGEVA®, Vectibix®, IMLYGIC®, and BLINCYTO®: no out-of-pocket cost for first dose or cycle; $5 out-of-pocket cost for subsequent dose or cycle; maximum benefit of $10,000 per patient per calendar year. Patient is responsible for costs above these amounts.
- For KYPROLIS®: no out-of-pocket cost for first dose or cycle; $5 out-of-pocket cost for subsequent dose or cycle; maximum benefit of $20,000 per patient per calendar year. Patient is responsible for costs above these amounts.
- For Prolia®: no out-of-pocket cost for first dose or cycle; $25 out-of-pocket cost for subsequent dose or cycle; maximum benefit of $1,500 per patient per calendar year. Patient is responsible for costs above these amounts.
- Ongoing activation of the Amgen FIRST STEP™ card is contingent on the submission of the required Explanation of Benefits (EOB) form by the healthcare provider's office within 45 days of use of the Amgen FIRST STEP™ card. Patients will be responsible for reimbursing the program for all amounts paid out if the EOB for the date of service is not received within 45 days.