- Neulasta FIRST STEP® Program
- NEUPOGEN FIRST STEP™ Program
- Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program
- Prolia FIRST STEP™ Program
- XGEVA FIRST STEP™ Program
- Vectibix FIRST STEP™ Program
- IMLYGIC FIRST STEP™ Program
- KYPROLIS FIRST STEP™ Program
- BLINCYTO FIRST STEP™ Program
Click here for full Prescribing Information for Vectibix®, including Boxed WARNING.
1-888-65-STEP-1( 7 8 3 7 )
What is the difference between the AMGEN FIRST STEP™ Program and the NEULASTA/NEUPOGEN FIRST STEP™ Program, Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program, Prolia FIRST STEP™ Program, XGEVA FIRST STEP™ Program, Vectibix FIRST STEP™ Program, IMLYGIC FIRST STEP™ Program, KYPROLIS™ FIRST STEP Program and BLINCYTO™ FIRST STEP Program?
The AMGEN FIRST STEP™ Program is the main umbrella program under which each individual, product-specific program falls. For easy reference, the product-specific-programs are referred to collectively as the AMGEN FIRST STEP™ Program. All of the AMGEN FIRST STEP™ Program eligibility requirements, terms, conditions and limitations apply equally to all of the product-specific programs.
Do I have to enroll in both the AMGEN FIRST STEP™ Program and the product specific program?
No. Eligible patients enroll only in the product-specific-program associated with their Amgen product.
Is there a limit or cap on Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program benefits?
Yes, The Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program will reimburse an eligible patient’s combined total deductible, co-pay and/or co-insurance requirements up to:
- For Neulasta®, Neulasta® Onpro®, NEUPOGEN®, Nplate®, XGEVA®, Vectibix®, IMLYGIC®, and BLINCYTO®, there is no out- of-pocket cost for first dose or cycle; $5 out-of-pocket cost for subsequent dose or cycle; maximum benefit of $10,000 per patient per calendar year until the program ends.
- For KYPROLIS®, there is no out-of-pocket cost for first dose or cycle; $5 out-of- pocket cost for subsequent dose or cycle; maximum benefit of $20,000 per patient per calendar year until the program ends.
- For Prolia®, there is no out-of-pocket cost for first dose or cycle; $25 out-of- pocket cost for subsequent dose or cycle; maximum benefit of $1,500 per patient per calendar year until the program ends. Patient is responsible for costs above these amounts.
Is annual re-enrollment in the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program necessary?
Once registered in the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program, there is no re-enrollment necessary.
Why are un-insured cash-paying patients not eligible for The Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program?
The Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program is intended to help commercially-insured patients cover the cost of their co-insurance or co-payment obligations for Neulasta® (pegfilgrastim), Neulasta® Onpro®, NEUPOGEN® (filgrastim), Nplate® (romiplostim), Prolia® (denosumab), XGEVA® (denosumab), Vectibix® (panitumumab) and IMLYGIC® (talimogene laherparepvec), KYPROLIS® (carfilzomib) and BLINCYTO® (blinatumomab). Uninsured patients requiring assistance may contact The Safety Net Foundation at 1-888-SN-AMGEN to request assistance.
Why do I need to provide my Social Security Number to enroll?
We need your Social Security Number in order to confirm that you are not in a government-funded healthcare program. Your number will only be used to verify this information and will not be used for any other purpose.
Can The Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program MasterCard® be used with mail order and specialty pharmacies?
Yes, the Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program can be used at pharmacies. Simply provide the RXBin number and member ID that is printed on the card when filling your prescription.
Does the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) have to be faxed after each dose?
Ongoing eligibility in the program in contingent on submission of the patient's Explanation of Benefits (EOB) within 45 days of each and every swipe of Amgen FIRST STEP™ co-pay coupon. To submit EOB and other relevant documentation, please fax 1-888-653-2972 or mail to: The Macaluso Group at 100 Passaic Avenue, Suite 245 Fairfield, NJ 07004 - ATTN: Amgen FIRST STEP® Program.
What if there is a delay in getting the EOB?
If EOB is not received within 45 days the card will be deactivated. Patients will be responsible for reimbursing the program for all amounts paid out if the EOB for the date of service is not received within 45 days. If you require any further extension on a specific case call the Help Desk at 1-888-65-STEP1 (1-888-657-8371).